In honor of mr. lemos' impending departure, I've put together a
celebrartory list of links, to showcase mr. lemos' extraordinary talent
in using the english to irritate people...

Ahh well, let's start with recent history -- it seems my good sir lemos,
did not like the fact that strtok() was finally POSIX compliant:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=101104226613770&w=2

Can't you just feel his agony? :)

Here's manuel, chiding derick rethans for making fun of the fact that in
every e-mail he plugs phpclasses...  Can you feel the self-righteous
indignation?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=101083823705898&w=2

truly wonderful quote:

"What? You did not like my response? That's to make you think again next
time before you decide to get me started with your repressing arrogance.
:-("

your repressing arrogance.  LOL...

Following his message, manuel suggests that we start fixing some bugs,
instead of replying to idiocy.  A good suggestion from our trusted
project leader!

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=101085262125043&w=2

Btw, from now on, derick is to be called "Mr. Netcop".

Now, who get forget that famous Webservices argument, which made Zeev
and Andi, call manuel a complete ass (btw, that would make them the last
members of the core team to do so :).  This thread is truly hilarious,
but I've added some highlights:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=101001058319167&w=2

*especially good*:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=101000614408489&w=2

Apparently manuel is the messenger of web services... :)

But really, sir lemos' brilliance in pissing off a large number of
people with an otherwise inocuous message comes across:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=100991664710120&w=2

"One thing that I think it is really vital to prevent PHP to leak even
more users to other languages is to have built-in support for consuming
Web services."

Was one of my favorite quotes.

Of course, we all know manuel is a brilliant developer, and a fan of
XML, here he suggests it for defining a projects style:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=pear-dev&m=100891216816964&w=2

Why XML?  No, not because its easy to parse -- because its a buzzword.

This is back in 2000, its a true gem...  Manuel suggests that perhaps
he should be charging for his criticism:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=95897419318844&w=2

"Right.  Too bad that some people don't value constructive criticism.
In
the real world people are paid to judge and criticise.  Many of those
are
called consultants. I guess I get some hostile feedback to my criticisms
because I am not charging for it. Maybe I should. :-)"

Right manuel!  you preach brother!

this was one of my favorite threads of all times, and my first
introduction to the annoying side of manuel (although it has reared its
head before this point)..

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-pear&m=97872857127874&w=2

Fucking commie bastard php developers!

Ahhh well, I guess all I have to say is Hallelujah, praise the lord
jesus almighty....  Ok, I've avoided my chores for long enough -- thank
god both php-dev@ and myself will be cleaning house.

-Sterling

Talking to PHP users all over the place is always fun, but the planes,
trains, busses, hotels, customs weenies, moron security rent-a-cops,
inconsistent INS jerks, lost passports, atm fees, cell roaming fees,
crappy hotel restaurants, projectors that can't do 1024x768, power
failures, smokers in tiny elevators, wake-up calls, timezones, airline
change fees, hotel clerks with pea-sized brains, and any slow-thinking
wingnut who has gotten in my way during my travels in the past month can
collectively kiss my ass.
        -- Rasmus Lerdorf