> well, if he had valid points that would be another thing.  its a bit
> before your time, but if you look at the archives, i was actually quite
> supportive to a mr. john ribbens, who although he said things
> offensively, had some real points.  statements like "webservices
> are important
> to support" are as obvious and as arbitrary as "sex is good."
>
> for my part, i've noticed that manuel often uses his "valuable
> criticism", which is often nothing more than, "web services are good",
> or "evangelism is important",  to spread his vitriolity onto the php-dev@
> lists.

not that i particularly want to take this anywhere, but an example of Manuel
vs' sane developers is that a number of developers are actually taking the
"evangelism is important" argument and doing something about it. Manuel
hasn't seemed to have even made a contribution to that yet.

I believe Manuel would be a great manager... he knows how to delegate, too
well.