"Lukas Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
008a01c1d2fb$952b4630$4d00a8c0@vandal">news:008a01c1d2fb$952b4630$4d00a8c0@vandal...

> There is currently an effort underway to merge Metabase with PEAR DB.
> I have just commited the first code into the pear cvs (package is called
> "MDB" for now). The merge is still not complete. But the idea was that
> this merged DB abstraction layer could down the road be ported to C ...
> the sooner the better.
ive downloaded alreay. i keep track of development of PEAR::DB, Metabase and
ADOdb.

> In terms of how to abstract things, its quite obvious that Metabase is
> very far ahead (is there even something similar in other languages?). So
> I guess Metabase, or MDB when its ready, will be the best place to turn
> to if you seek this knowledge for a C Extension.
the abstraction work is primarily done, the blob spec is the main thing
pending. the hard part now is producing a set of test drivers.

> Anyways if you are interested then you may want to join the discussion
> on this new package. All discussion goes to the binarycloud, metabase
> and pear-dev mailinglists, since there is no dedicated mailinglist for
> this project, but all of the above the mailinglists are participating.
im an active lurker on the binarycloud and metabase lists. i throw my $0.02
in periodically.

l0t3k