http://bugs.php.net/15333

I've narrowed down the problem, but can't seem to get anywhere with it.

The state of the server when the problem occurrs:

All serviceable threads have been killed or have timed out.
A request is received prompting the spawning of a new thread.
The new thread then goes through and copies the global_constants_table, but
that has been corrupted somewhere causing an access violation when trying to
dereference uninitialized memory.

This happens every time the server has been idle for ~10 minutes after
serving up php pages.

Here are my questions that I haven't been able to track down yet.  Hopefully
someone can save me some time.

1.      What code is executed when a thread times out?  zend_shutdown never seems
to run (or at least my breakpoints there never fire).

2.      It appears that global_constants_table is not global nor constant, each
thread has a separate copy.  Why is this the case?  And if it is meant to
be, where is the original global_constants_table.  What could be modifying
it so that it cannot be copied when a new thread is started?

3.      Where would be a good place to start to find the answers to the zend
questions that I have as I track this down.