Is this using the Microsoft libraries? If so, I have encountered similar
string function problems while creating an NT service. In the MS libs,
strings are handled as 32 bit integers with any odd bytes masked off at the
end of the string. The rep counter increments 4 times per iteration until
odd bytes are encountered. I worked around this by writing my own string
copy function.

Billy Rose
[EMAIL PROTECTED]