[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> At 10:20 25/05/2002 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> >Marginalizing this capability IMHO is not the right direction, I think
>> >there should, in fact, be a stronger push for this sort of capability to
>> >be built in by default.
>
> Agree with that too... but if something like this should be
> mainstream, all components should in be in the PHP source tree, including
> the daemon.

I personally think the best solution would be something like the postgresql
session extension, except generalized to work with any (or at least
several) databases.  Built-in MySQL session support is definitely needed.

Right now I don't run any web farms, but I used to work for a company with
125+ web servers, so I understand the problem.

Steve Meyers