> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Agree with that too... but if something like this should be
>> mainstream, all components should in be in the PHP source tree,
>> including the daemon.
>>

> I personally think the best solution would be something like the
> postgresql  session extension, except generalized to work with any (or
> at least  several) databases.  Built-in MySQL session support is
> definitely needed.

The problem with using databases are they they are expensive and they are slow.

A generalized PostgreSQL session manager would be cool, I have actually been thinking
about such an
extension. Using the schema from the PG msession plugin, it would be fairly easy.
Alas, the problems with
PostgreSQL as a session manager are many. MySQL is just as bad, but for different
reasons. :-)

It is because the databases fall flat as session managers that I wrote msession in the
first place.

> Right now I don't run any web farms, but I used to work for a company
> with  125+ web servers, so I understand the problem.

125??!! All serving the same content? All maintaining a coherent environment? What did
you use for session
data?