Hello all,

 It was mentioned before about bundling libxml2 with php with expat or instead
of expat. Where do we stand with this? I emailed the developer asking
permission to bundle it if we choose to do it (no response yet).

Also I remember reading on here before someone suggested putting bundled
libaries in a common place so many extensions can use the bundled software. Is
this something we want to persue too?

 php4/bundled/libxml2
 php4/bundled/mysql
 php4/bundled/gd

you get the point..

 This will be usefull if i am writing an extension that maybe does database
replication (just a stupid sample) and i want to create nice graphics for my
stastics i can just write some gd code and link against the bundled libary.

 - Brad