Ok,

 But take ext/domxml it requires a newerversion of libxml2. I didn't have it
installed on my machine when i installed php. If we bundle say a specfic
version of libxml2 that domxml depends on, then it won't matter how fast pased
the development is, ext/domxml won't use it. We can obvisouly peridocially
upgrade the version that is bundled and you can have an override if you want to
use a different version that is installed on a system. As xml gets more and
more popular i feel that domxml will be more and more popular.

 "Build outta the box"

 - Brad