> just look at the most known opensource web applications written in
> php. how many of them are coded not using objects?
> the ones that don't use objects are most likely coming from the old
> php3 times, like phpmyadmin.
>
> so developers are eager to use oop features of php, despite the fact
> that php is not very OO friendly.

Objects in nice and dandy and all that, but often are overused and used where
a simple function would work just as well and be faster. In case you did not
know, using objects/classes does add a certain level of overhead so, it may
not always be appropriate. If anything I've seen much PHP code written with
objects just for the sake of using objects, IMHO that is bad design.

Ilia