True, I hear it is even possible to reuse code in COBOL : )

I believe that the ease of maintenance depends purely on the language.
i.e. using a strictly procedural language for a large framework can be
quite messy. Have you ever seen large libraries written in perl that
consistently call "require" on a million files.

PEAR is a good example of a framework that ran into a lot of limitations
of the language, which ZE2 will provide a great deal of help in.

-Jason