> Either way - starting threads from an ISAPI filter/extension is
> completely forbidden (or at least strongly discouraged) so even if there
> is some bug in there, starting our own thread is not an option.  Can you
> give me the data I mentioned in the previous letter?
>
> Zeev

It's not forbidden or even discouraged, in fact, it's quite the oposite.
  The sdk comes with examples of creating worker threads in isapi
modules, and I've done that plenty.  I have had it in the back of my
head to port over some of the isapi work I've done in the fastcgi
extension to the php isapi module since it uses a couple techniques
suggested by MS for performance (such as creating worker threads and
async read/write).

Shane