No doubt.. but then the stuff on the distribution didnt work in the first
place. Thats why i hoped the cvs had a fix for those erros. I have had prior
experinces wherein a few files in the distribtion sources wouldnt compile
and I had to refresh them from the CVS.

These were the errors in the original gd sources that were part of the 4.2.2
distribtion...

php_gd.h:69: warning: static declaration for `gdImageColorResolve' follows
non-static
gd.c:92: conflicting types for `gdIOCtx'
/somepath/gd-1.8.4/gd_io.h:18: previous declaration of `gdIOCtx'
gd.c: In function `php_imagettftext_common':
gd.c:2800: warning: passing arg 2 of `virtual_filepath' from incompatible
pointer type

Has anybody got GD working in 4.2.2 ?

--Roshan