At 11:57 25-10-2002, Derick Rethans wrote:

to make easier maintenance and checking possible I would suggest to name
our tests more appropriate:
+1

Class:                       Name:                  Example:
Tests for bugs               bug<bugid>.phpt        bug17123.phpt
Tests for functions          <functionname>.phpt    dba_open.phpt
General tests for extensions <extname><no>.phpt     dba3.phpt
+same for multiple tests on the same function.

I do not see a real use to rename tests, but IMO this is the way to go
for newly written tests. Of course renaming tests is ok too if you like
to do that :)
There's one drawback. Extensions with names after 'b' get evaluated after
the bug tests.
This is currently not a problem, but I've been playing with the thought to
introduce 'skip_ext' to speed things up:
--SKIP--
<?php if(!extension_loaded('dba3')) { die("skip_ext this extension is not available"); } ?>

But of course you can just tell me to stop playing with the tought :)

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,

Webmaster IDG.nl
Melvyn Sopacua