On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> FWIW:
> * If this is ever going to make core as a part of PHP's i18n efforts, you
>   are going to have to deal with the 'unseen' at some point. You are not
>   going to identify them, by testing it within a select group. For this
>   reason, the userbase is always the guinnea-pig with every new feature
>   in a release.

Explain to me please why --enable-mbstring is not enough. The userbase
is not going to be a guinea-pig since only a subset of users will have a
need for mbsting and those that do can use the switch. Those that don't
will not even notice that it's not enabled.

-Andrei                                       http://www.gravitonic.com/

I must say I find television very educational. The minute
somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book.
   - Groucho Marx