Monday, November 18, 2002, 11:23:08 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:
> That can be done, but I don't like this. You should not have any
> parse errors in your code anyway, so it just should fail as hard as
> possible.

Can't argue with that, however (;)), I find it annoying that PHP stops
processing if there is a parse error passed to an eval() command. I'd
like a way to make eval() just return E_PARSE if the script passed to it
fails. Or a more general command to verify PHP code
php_valid($code_str).  That way the people who expect parse errors in
their include files can do

  $code_str(implode("", file("include.inc")));
  if (php_valid($code_str)) {
    include_once("include.inc");
  }

--
Kjartan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (http://natrak.net/)
:: "Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to