I'm a bit late here, with an example which probably sounds interesting;
that is a computer language which was actually developed in Japan as a
product mainly for educational use, which enables you to program in nearly
complete Japanese syntax. I thnik it's undoubtfully great, but I have
never seen it become popular by now.
I guess part of the reason is that most of the folks there take it for
granted that they have to be familiar with English as well as the
behaviour of the computer.

Anyway, I'm +0 for the localization of messages.

Moriyoshi