<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Bertrand Mansion wrote:
>
>> And keep an access to $this from inside the object calling the external
>> method because my parsing is actually recursive.
>
> $this only works for instanciated classes, not static method calls.

>From the documentation,
http://www.php.net/manual/en/keyword.paamayim-nekudotayim.php
"...Thus, when used from WITHIN an object function, you may use $this and
object variables." This is the exact behaviour I need for my class to work.

:: is really one of the coolest features of PHP. I don't see why
$className::method() can't work, this is not very logical when you know that
$method() works and $a = new $b() works too. Even $className::$method()
should work :)

OK, I understood it's not implemented and won't be anytime soon. I guess
this is because of some obscure reasons that go far over my comprehension
but because of that, I am going to be stuck with this class.

I guess I am going to have to write stupid code such as:

switch ($param1) {
    case 'parser1':
        return parser1::method();
    case 'parser2':