The exact problem is to do with sql SELECT queries from PHP that use 'LEFT
JOIN' & 'WHERE'. When using php (eg mysql_fetch_array()) to retrieve rows,
normally you can use 2 methods to access the results in the myrow array:

$result1 = $myrow[0]; #the numerical method
$result2 = $myrow['proj_id']; #referring to the field name

the latter method (result2), for some rows, is only returning NULL instead
of the real value, which is returned by the $result1 method. The query is am
referring to is the following:

SELECT * FROM rs_projects AS p LEFT JOIN rs_proj_members AS m USING
(proj_id) WHERE (p.create_id='3') OR (m.user_id='3' AND (m.rights & '8' =
8))

When running this query from mysql directly there is no problem, so this
indicates to me that the issue is related to the older version client
included in php 4.3.

Tijn