Like I said, ultimately, whatever works best for the folks actively
resolving the best approach. My only point was that the people posting the
bugs often aren't aware of these dynamics beforehand, so the "less then an
absolutely polite approach," which makes sense when you explain it here, can
be discouraging.

> All that said, I see nothing especially inflammatory about
> 'bogus' and I do
> not believe it is the intent of the developers to insult or
> degrade the user
> who had posted a bogus report. The 'invalid' status that was
> proposed, in my
> opinion, just as 'unfriendly' as bogus.

I don't think that anyone thinks it's the intent of developers to insult or
degrade users.

-dave