On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 03:20  PM, Harald Radi wrote:

Hrmfpsd,

while commiting a new functions the parameter parsing API i appearently
brought up a discussion about the meaning of life and stuff :) As asked by
Andi i'm bringing the discussion to php5-dev with a short summary:

andrei's point:
extensions should stick to either functional or oo API
PEAR wrappers can be provided

my point:
extensions should expose both APIs (if desired)
can be done by aliasing functions to class methods -> no duplicate c code
when called as function -> print warning
when called as method -> throw exception

What do you guys think of this ?
I like your method. I've implemented it for a coupe extensions (except for the exception vs. error thing), and I found it to be quite manageable and very little work.

regards,
Harald Radi
--
nme - we can heal you