Normally, you should contact the file's maintainers with the similar
email as you wrote here and patches attached. The maintainer will review,
apply and test the patches. After what, if the maintainer considers you
should have the independent CVS access to the repository, he/she will
direct you to request the PHP's CVS account and will notify whoever is
in the charge for approving it. That is pretty much the way things work
here, of course exceptions are possible, but in your case i don't see
them.

--
Maxim Maletsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]