Thanks for the clarifications Larry.

On 16/11/2016 23:13, Larry Garfield wrote:
The reasoning here for PSR-6 was that a broken cache should not result
in a broken program.  If your cache is b0rked, then everything becomes a
cache miss but the app continues to run, just slowly.  (Maybe unbearably
slowly, but technically still runs.)  If a failed set threw an exception
then your cache server hiccuping would crash your whole application,
which is doubleplusungood.

I believe the same logic applies equally well to PSR-16.

--Larry Garfield