I am Joe Ferguson (Proposed voting representative), Co-maintainer of the
Phergie IRC bot project, former FIG Secretary.

Phergie has been around since 2008 and is currently stable at Version 3.
Phergie is an open source IRC bot written in PHP. She was originally
written to replace the Ai bot in the #phpc PHP Community channel on the
Freenode network. The intention behind her development was to provide a bot
with an open modern codebase to which patrons of the channel could
contribute. Her popularity has grown over time and she now runs in a number
of channels on Freenode. If you are in #phpmentoring or #phpc channels you
have likely seen or even interacted with her.

The Phergie project has adopted nearly all of the relevant PSRs that have
come from FIG and prides itself on quality packages and a friendly
environment for contributors. You can find us on Twitter
(@phergiebot), https://www.phergie.org, Github https://github.com/phergie,
and of course Freenode in #phergie

As many of you remember I stepped down from the FIG Secretary position due
to time constraints. At the time I was leaving FIG to devote more time to
launching Open Sourcing Mental Illness, Ltd. Now that the organization has
been officially launched and is well underway it requires much less of my
time and I'm free to contribute to FIG again if you all will have me.

I have spoken to Chris Tankersley and he has agreed to sponsor the
application.

Thanks for you time and consideration.