Hello:

My name is Jason Coward. I live in southwestern Colorado in the US. I am
the project representative for Slim Framework and I have been heavily
involved in PHP development for the past 12 years. Before that, I worked
with several J2EE Enterprise Portal startups after spending the beginning
of my career as a database administrator working with every major database
vendor including MS SQL Server, FoxPro, MySQL, Oracle, IBM DB2/UDB, Sybase,
and many others. I believe I could bring a unique perspective to the Core
Committee, not only as a representative of the Slim microframework but also
as Chief Architect of the MODX Revolution CMS (http://modx.com) and the
developer of a small O/RM library that powers that CMS. I am currently
working on developing various RESTful microservices, experimenting with
various NoSQL platforms, and working with an advisory board to modernize
the MODX CMS codebase, which is now over 10 years old. I believe strongly
in the principles established by PHP The Right Way. I am also a sponsor of
PSR-15 which is attempting to forge a standard for HTTP Middleware based on
PSR-7 standards. My varied and lengthy experience in numerous open source
projects that encompass a wide-range of PHP development styles would allow
me to bring a very balanced perspective to the Core Committee. I am equally
fond of and experienced with legacy monolithic applications and decoupled
microservices, and do not have a problem considering perspectives outside
of my comfort zone. I hold strong convictions, but am always willing to
listen to the ideas of others and change my beliefs when warranted. I am
extremely excited about what the new incarnation of the PHP-FIG can
accomplish, and I am volunteering my experience to help that potential be
realized.

—Jason