Have any of you tried using EditPlus?  (www.editplus.com)  This is a great
little editor for HTML, JavaScript, and PHP.  You can download extra modules
for color syntax hilighting of practically any language you can think of
including many different databases.  It has some nice useful HTML features
and good handling of multiple documents... and most importantly, you don't
have to worry about it mangling your code.  It is helpful while also staying
out of your way.  The more I use it, the more I like it.  It is simple,
elegant, and it gives me all the control that I want.  Its inexpensive and
comes with a thirty day trial.  Check it out.

BTW, I do not work for EditPlus or have any association with them other than
that of a satisfied customer.

Matthew Aznoe