Chip:

Sessions aren't my forte, but I can't see where you're registering your
session variables. You need to do more than simply use 'session_start' if
using sessions ...
perhaps you're doing this on another page, but if not you'll need to
register variables using 'session_register'. You'll also need 'session_id'
as far as I know.

The manual at www.php.net should fill you in some more,
and there are a couple of tutes out there as well (www.devshed.com has one
I think).