php-general Digest 2 Feb 2001 00:51:13 -0000 Issue 487

Topics (messages 37626 through 37763):

Inappropriate ioctl for device
        37626 by: Kif

Re: upload_max_filesize
        37627 by: Jon Haworth
        37648 by: WreckRman2
        37651 by: WreckRman2
        37756 by: David Robley
        37757 by: David Robley

Easy flowchart programm
        37628 by: Wico de Leeuw
        37633 by: Trevor DeVore

Re: Directory Listing with PHP
        37629 by: Tim Ward

How does memory limit work?
        37630 by: Ralf Hupfer

Re: Pricing for PHP programming???
        37631 by: Brian V Bonini
        37635 by: Joe Stump
        37637 by: Michael Kimsal
        37645 by: Krznaric Michael
        37652 by: Brian V Bonini
        37667 by: thor
        37670 by: Jon Haworth
        37673 by: Jerry Lake
        37699 by: Terrence Chay
        37700 by: Boget, Chris
        37701 by: Chana Black
        37703 by: szii.sziisoft.com
        37719 by: James Moore
        37721 by: Jade Ohlhauser
        37760 by: Miles Thompson

Odd problem
        37632 by: Dan Lowe

NEWBIE QUESTION
        37634 by: Stinie Steinbach
        37646 by: Johannes Janson

PHP and report generation
        37636 by: Todd Cary

Tab character
        37638 by: Karl J. Stubsjoen
        37639 by: Martin A. Marques
        37644 by: Toby Miller
        37658 by: Alexander Skwar
        37659 by: Alexander Skwar
        37754 by: David Robley

[Q] Domxml: unlink() method?
        37640 by: Peter Sabaini
        37689 by: Teodor Cimpoesu

Problems getting Zend IDE to run.
        37641 by: Neil Kimber

Re: Symbolic link fails when User Authentication comes in
        37642 by: johnny p.

Performance hit with certain apache configs?
        37643 by: Robinson, Mike

Re: test
        37647 by: Jon Haworth

Setting The Font In SENDMAIL
        37649 by: Jeff Gannaway
        37656 by: Chris Lee

Help needed tsrm_error
        37650 by: Tony Brown

Cant get this one
        37653 by: Mike
        37663 by: Chris Lee
        37708 by: Shane McBride

Re: Oracle failed to connect
        37654 by: Iván Sánchez Ortega \"MR\"

Re: Is there a 'redo' loop control function?
        37655 by: Jason Murray

Nulls in database
        37657 by: Conover, Ryan
        37664 by: Juan

test, please ignore.
        37660 by: Zhu George-CZZ010

Email Attachment
        37661 by: Website4S.aol.com

Transitioning from php3 to php4
        37662 by: Chana Black

Suggest for List
        37665 by: Jon Jacob
        37677 by: Chris Lee
        37678 by: Boget, Chris
        37682 by: Chris Lee
        37691 by: April
        37695 by: Benjamin Munoz
        37697 by: April
        37702 by: Philip Olson
        37705 by: April
        37710 by: Philip Olson
        37712 by: Brian Paulson
        37716 by: Leo Papandreou

php4 - MS SQL7 connection problem
        37666 by: Martin Tiscornia
        37668 by: Jason Bouwmeester

Open a new window
        37669 by: Francisco Aguilera

trouble with odbc
        37671 by: Michael Geier
        37683 by: Remco Chang

Include " quotes inside textbox
        37672 by: Karl J. Stubsjoen
        37676 by: Chana Black

Re: [PHP-WIN] Nulls in database
        37674 by: Svensson, B.A.T.

Re: 404 error checker
        37675 by: Institute for Social Ecology
        37693 by: John Huggins
        37696 by: Institute for Social Ecology
        37698 by: John Huggins

Java variables - PHP varialbles
        37679 by: Claude Cormier

contracting & consulting (was "[PHP] Pricing for PHP programming???")
        37680 by: Dean Hall
        37692 by: Benjamin Munoz
        37704 by: szii.sziisoft.com
        37706 by: szii.sziisoft.com
        37707 by: DELAP, SCOTT F (SBCSI)
        37713 by: Navid
        37727 by: Chad Day
        37732 by: Stephan Ahonen
        37734 by: Josh G
        37735 by: stankusn
        37736 by: Joe Stump
        37738 by: cmoewes.moewes.com
        37742 by: eschmid+sic.s.netic.de
        37744 by: Jonathan Sharp
        37745 by: stout.stoutstreet.com
        37752 by: Michael Kimsal

Re: gethostbyaddr timeout
        37681 by: Sebastian Stadtlich
        37686 by: Chana Black

errors when included functions call functions
        37684 by: Charlie Llewellin

passing arrays of objects
        37685 by: Conover, Ryan
        37690 by: Teodor Cimpoesu

similar to shuffle()
        37687 by: Jason Jacobs
        37688 by: Chana Black

htmlspecialchars Problem
        37694 by: Karl J. Stubsjoen
        37753 by: David Robley

sessions with frames
        37709 by: Chris Hayes
        37714 by: Nathan Cook

details on imap functions.
        37711 by: Larry Hotchkiss
        37717 by: Rasmus Lerdorf
        37722 by: Larry Hotchkiss

is_dir() function on Win32 platform
        37715 by: Michael Hall

PHP/Perl Employee/Consultant Wanted!
        37718 by: Lew Payne

Inappropriatte ioctl
        37720 by: Kif

cancel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        37723 by: Larry Hotchkiss

Re: VIRUS ON LIST?
        37724 by: Stephan Ahonen

Re: Want to learn PHP
        37725 by: Stephan Ahonen

rephrasing: start session in frame-index, continue in pages
        37726 by: Chris Hayes

dll windows libraries for php.
        37728 by: Scott Fletcher
        37737 by: Rasmus Lerdorf
        37741 by: Scott Fletcher

Recommended Job Posting sites? Need to hire someone w/ PHP exp.
        37729 by: Brian Tully
        37743 by: John Donagher

Variables within functions, out?
        37730 by: James, Yz
        37758 by: David Robley

HTTP Referer has to be changed.
        37731 by: FvH

Closing Objects "Cleaning Up"
        37733 by: Karl J. Stubsjoen
        37750 by: David Robley
        37751 by: Josh G

Why?? SPRINTF("SELECT sequence,prodnum,childdesc....);
        37739 by: Karl J. Stubsjoen

C++ integration with PHP
        37740 by: Zhu George-CZZ010

Retrieve HTML page
        37746 by: Jared Howard
        37747 by: Mark Green
        37748 by: James, Yz
        37749 by: Kif

Dnloading FDF docs / acrobat integration
        37755 by: Patrick Shafer

What version of Linux?
        37759 by: Andrés de la Varga

PHP a lightweight language?
        37761 by: Michael Hall

Files only available via HTTPS
        37762 by: Michael Conley

encode string with spaces
        37763 by: Kevin McCarthy

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

help...
ok, now this looks quite straightforward...

$filename="http://195.92.38.87/cgi-win/homeview.dll?details1?src=1050&Proper
tyCode=1050003/SAPHI/14665/3";
$file=fopen($filename,"r") or die("cant open $filename");
while(!feof($file)){
$line=fgets($file,4096);
echo $line;
}

but when i run it i get an error

fopen("http://195.92.38.87/cgi-win/homeview.dll?details1?src=1050&PropertyCo
de=1050003/SAPHI/14665/3","r") -
Inappropriate ioctl for device in /home/httpd/docs/test.php on line 6

So can someone please tell me, what the blazes an ioctl is and why do i have
an inappropriate one?

The remote file is fine,

Thanks

Kif

It's usually in your system root, but you could have put it somewhere else
when you installed PHP.

If you're on Windows it's liable to be in \windows\system,
\windows\system32, \winnt\system, or \winnt\system32. Most OSes come with a
Find Files command these days (just a thought).

Once you have found it, open it in your favourite text editor. Search for
"upload_max_filesize" and set it to whatever you like. Save it. Tell your
boss you'll have to spend all afternoon fixing this bug, then spend the rest
of the day reading Dilbert cartoons.

HTH
Jon

From: "Brian V Bonini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:49:00 -0500

>Isn't it illegal in the US to discuss
>rates in this manner?
>
>It's always been my understanding that
>The U.S. law specifically makes discussion
>of pricing between competitors (all or some)
>a federal offense.
>
>Am I taking this too literally?
>
>--

Of course, this might also be something to do with the fact that if one
place is charging 80p/litre and one is charging 90p/litre, where are you
going to spend your cash, given there's no difference between the petrol?

What you may be referring to is when competitors in a small market (or in a
market with limited competition) compare their prices behind the scenes in
order to keep the prices high.  Which is what the oil companies are often
accused of doing (ever wonder why gas prices are usually within a few cents
or even identical between stations even though they're supposed
competitors?).

Yep, ain't it grand...
I got hired on as a designer
and somebody got the bright idea
that I must be a programmer as well
funny I don't remember that on my resume.

Jerry Lake            - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Designer
Europa Communications - http://www.europa.com
Pacifier Online     - http://www.pacifier.com