>> -What can we as a developer community do to change this?
>Prove that Open Source is working, and better than many commercial
>solutions, too.

This is something I like to do within my company: they used to buy software
online saying that it is still cheaper then develop it ourselves. Hmm.. I
always agreed, BUT in a different way -- sending them a link to Source Forge
- "Look guys, they have done a similar soft already and even in a similar
language, but, 4 FREE !!!!"  Gezz,, when will they ever understand that
Phorum runs better then some $200 cgi-perl application easier to find for a
manager on AltaVista.

This is how we have to teach them.

Cheers,
Maxim Maletsky