> When Jason says 'especially when your note using the cgi' he means the
> cgi version of PHP (I think) in preference to installing PHP as an
> apache module.

Almost, yes - I literally meant the 'common gateway interface', due to the
fact that the webserver spawns the requested script/program outside of it's
own process. I don't know the technical detals involved in doing this, but I'm
guessing that in general, it'd incur more overhead on the system than the same
code would if it was parsed by the already-running httpd process.

jason