> However, there's no necessity to have the cgi version if you already have
> the modular version.  All that is needed is to call the appropriate script
> using a tool such as 'wget'.  This can be done manually or from cron as
> appropriate.
>
> Billy

No there's not - I think that goes without saying though.

But while you're compiling Php anyway, why not re-run ./configure without the
'--with-apache' and add an '--enable-discard-path' and type 'make; make
install' - then you can use this awesome tool from the command line without
having to invoke a http request to your webserver usng a third-party tool.

jason