Hi,

You can also try Manuel Lemos's form class, which can handle all this and
many more. Check:

http://phpclasses.upperdesign.com/browse.html/package/1

>From the class description:
<snip>
Class that generates HTML forms supporting:
- XHTML compliant output.
- Keyboard navigation support:
* Attachment of labels with activation keys to each form field.
* Tab navigation order index.
- Built-in server side (PHP based) and client side (Javascript 1.0 or better)
field validation for:
* E-mail address
* Credit card numbers (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners
Club, Carte Blanche, enRoute, JCB, any of these or even determined by a
select field).
* Regular expressions.
* Field not empty.
* Field equal to another (useful for password confirmation fields).
* Field different from another (useful for reminder fields that must not be
equal to the actual password).
* As set (for check boxes and radio buttons).
* As integer number (with range limitation).
* As floating point number (with range limitation).
* Programmer defined client and server validation functions.
- Ability to stop the user from submiting a form more than once inadvertdly.
- Sub form validation (validate only smaller set of field depending on the
submit button that was used).
- Composition and generation of the form HTML output with fields displayed as
fully accessible or in read-only mode.
- Generation of Javascript functions (useful to set to the page ONLOAD event):
* Set the input focus to a field.
* Select the text of a field.
* Set the input focus and select the text of a field.
* Enable and disable input fields
- Automatic capitalization of the text of a field:
* Upper case.
* Lower case.
* Word initials
- Etc.
</snip>

HTH
--
Meir Kriheli

  There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd