From: Christian Dechery [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 11:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] PHP globals aren't really globals

I've been programming in C all my life, and now I just started developing
in PHP and I'm really enjoying it, it has all the missing improvements that
C needed to be more user-likely.

But one thin I can't get, how can PHP call a variabel global, if it isn't
global.
A global var, is a var defined outside all functions and it's available
to all and altered by all, without having to redefine or call the var again.

In PHP, for a var to be global you have to add a 'global $var' inside the
function u want to use it. THis is not nice, what about if u have a form
with 50 fields and want a function to validate all of them, u have to pass
them all to the function or build a little piece of code to make all th
$GLOBALS local right?

Is this really the idea of global vars?

. [ Christian Dechery      ]
. Webdeveloper @ Tá Na Mesa!