From: James, Yz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 11:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] while loop and modulus?

OK, using this code:

<?

echo "<table border=\"0\">\n";
echo "<tr>\n";

$photocount = 0;

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
     $smallpic = $row['smallpic'];

 echo "<td>$smallpic</td>\n";

 if (($photocount % 3) == 2) {
     echo "</tr>\n<tr>\n";
 }
 $photocount++;

     }

echo "</tr>\n";
echo "</table>";

?>

And 8 photos in the table, I'm getting this output:

Great, except it's missing an end cell, and after a few hours fiddling about
with code last night, I still didn't get any further in working out how I
was going to echo a table cell even if data's missing.  So, any help would
be appreciated.

Apologies for what're probably "easy" questions.  I slog away at work all
day, come back hoping to get something productive done on this, and the
ol'brain won't take it.  Frustrating, to say the least.

James.