> I'm a little concerned as to how many times some of the scripts I've been
> working on are querying a database:  Some are making up to 4 or 5 queries
> each.  Should this give me any cause for concern?

No problem.

> I've only ever been unable to connect to the database once (other than
> through script error), and that's when I was using a persistent
connection.
> So, I guess my question is, is there a recommended maximum number of
queries
> I should be working around? (MySQL).

If you find yourself writing a loop to execute the same query over and over,
you should worry a little bit.  If that loop might execute 20 times, you
should worry.  If it might go 100, worry a lot.

--
Visit the Zend Store at http://www.zend.com/store/
Wanna help me out?  Like Music?  Buy a CD: http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm