From: "John W. Holmes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Stephen'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'PHP List'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 8:16 PM
Subject: RE: [PHP] Enabling HTTP_REFERER

> For some reason my webhost doesn't allow the HTTP_REFERER variable. I
call
> it up and it's empty, so I did a print_r($HTTP_SERVER_VARS); and there
> wasn't a variable called HTTP_REFERER. I've heard that some servers
> disable it. Since I have a dedicated server, how can I enable this
> variable again?

HTTP_REFERER (is that the right spelling?) is set by the browser, not
the server. So if you're not seeing a value, then your browser is not
setting it. Or something is stripping it on the way out from your
computer.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/