$footer = str_replace('include("$header");', '', $footer);

The way you have it now, you're telling PHP to first include the file named by the variable $header, then do an str_replace on the result; but the parser is going to fail on that first semi-colon, and that's not what you want to do anyway (as I understand it). Put the line you want to replace inside single quotes (as above) and PHP won't attempt to parse it, it'll just treat it as a string literal. Hope this helps, hope it makes sense.

- john

Sebastian wrote:
This may seem weird:

How do I str_replace an include function?

I want to replace this line: include("$header");

with nothing ..

something like this:

$footer = str_replace(" '. include("$header"); .' ", "", $footer);

I get errors, any ideas?

cheers,
- Sebastian