That seems network intensive to me.  Offering web services for some basic
tasks makes sense but not making an entire application that does all
functionality over the web will be slow and impractical.

Also, consider XML-RPC.  Some people insist on hammering a nail with a
sledgehammer (soap) when a XML-RPC implementation (the hammer) is better
suited.

That said, I use both raw XML, XML-RPC and SOAP for various tasks.

It doesn't have to be all or the other (not that you implied that)...

--Tony

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as