The link in question is there by design and should be there, but below is
what I am talking about.

> Even better, if a user cannot be validated then you can redirect them back
to where they
> came from (referrer).  That would effectively achive your goal by
> refreshing the original page no matter where they;re coming from.

This is what I have, but no matter what I do I can not get a message to
appear on the referring page saying you have no access to the other page,
and  I have also read that 'HTTP_REFERER' is not very reliable....

if($userlevel != $neededlevel) {
include ($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']);
$message = $no_permission;
$exit;