part 2:
-----------

got curl 7.10.3 (latest version)...
recompiled php 4.3.1 with curl. no errors. shows up fine on phpinfo...
testing with:

$ch = curl_init ("http://moo.org";);
$fp = fopen("http://moo.org/index.html";, "r");

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp);

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);

curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);

 while (!feof($fp)) {
        echo fgets ($fp,128);
    }

fclose ($fp);

the file i get back is not the whole file. it comes from the middle or so
down. i need this to retrieve xml files through https. tried one of those
files without https - just http - got the last part of the file back. it
cuts off somewhere......

i was really happy with fopen() and fsockopen() until the https came up...

i've been stuck on this for the last 2 days and i really need some kind of
solution... it's very frustrating that neither of those 3 options in php
work as expected or documented with the openssl options.....

i tested curl on the command line and it works fine. no cut offs of
documents anywhere....

please help!!!!!!!!...

is there any bugs known anywhere between curl 7.10.3 + php 4.3.1 on
freeBSD 4.6?