You should be using if(!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['id'])){ Otherwise, it generates an eror when it simply doesn't exist. "" and nothing (an unset variable) are NOT the same.

Tim Haskins wrote:

below is what I have currently

<?php if ($HTTP_GET_VARS["id"] == "") {  ?>
its empty
<?php }?>

Now when I change the == to <> I receive the following error:

Notice: Undefined index: id in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\_\users.php on line 103

Why would that not work - In asp it does, but I can't get it workin in php.
If that doesn't make sense, I would like to have an if statement the says,
if HTTP_GET_VARS["id"] is NOT empty then show something else

Thanks for you guy's help and time

--
Tim Haskins

"Tim Haskins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Wow, that's weird- I had just tried it and that didn't work, so I thought

it

might be some special php thing goin on- thanks for your help!

--
Tim Haskins

"Jennifer Goodie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

so change it to ""