> I know thumbnails have been discussed and I have looked at the archives, I
> am just looking for opinions.  I am doing a small website for a used
vehicle
> dealer.  I need to make it as easy as possible for him to add new
vehicles.
> I plan to just give him a form for the information, and a place to upload
> picture.  The main page will have the thumbnails of all the vehicles and
as
> you click on each one, you will see the normal sized photo.
>
> Should I:
>
> 1.  Allow him to upload one picture and then somehow generate a thumbnail
> from that?

Yes.

>    If so, should I generate the thumbnail when the picture is uploaded and
> keep the original picture and the thumbnail on the
> server or

Yes.

>    generate the thumbnail on the fly when the page is loaded...and only
> store the original picture?

No. No need to make the server work that much.

> 2.  Should I have him generate thumbnails and upload both pictures to the
> server?

No. No need to make the user work that much. Although, if you have a
competent user who understands how to make pictures for the web, you could
actually use method two and save yourself a lot of work messing around with
image functions... The ideal system would offer the ability to do both.

---John Holmes...