Well, the addition of the stripslashes() call doesn't really change the
basic idea, so:

   print "<a href=\"#\" onClick=\"window.opener.document.order['" .
stripslashes($HTTP_GET_VARS['name']) . "].value='$y-$m-$d';\">$d</a>";

>  I now use ' in
> the brakets as
> well, if that helps any...

I'm not sure I quite understand this, but if you're saying that the value of
$HTTP_GET_VARS['name'] may itself include ' characters, then I think the
answer to that is *not* to stripslashes() it -- JavaScript will understand
the backslashed notations and convert them to the correct result.  If that's
not what you were getting at, please try explaining it again in a bit more
detail (adding an example might help).

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]