On 10-Jun-2003 Uma Shankari T. wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I am having some problem in sendmail using this code.
>
>  $MP = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -f  [EMAIL PROTECTED]";

<snip>

> by main server id name..because of this outside mails are bouncing back..
>
> Can any one pls tell me where is the problem ??

What does the bounce say ?

> Is there any configuration need to do for this ??

Probably. The -f option sets the envelope 'From:' and can be restricted to
only 'trusted' users. I don't think this has ever been used to specify a
gateway.

The following is *wrong* -but one of them might get you out:

To: @mainservername:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 -- or --
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@mainservername

 ... and the sysadmin will probably whack your pee-pee for doing that.

So let him/her know beforehand so they don't TOS you.

And the last resort is fsockopen(mainservername, 25)

Regards,
--
Don Read                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- It's always darkest before the dawn. So if you are going to