Hi Other PHP Users,

I have been asked to teach an introduction course on PHP/MySQL at my local
College.

I am looking for a good beginner book for the course. Like most people I
learned PHP from php.net and online tutorials. But I need a book for the
course.

I am looking for a book that is not too long also. Around 500-600 pages
would be great. I can't give my students 150 pages every night to read, for
books like "PHP and MySQL Web Development" by Luke Welling, Laura Thomson
even know they are great they are just to long. It is only a 35 hour course
for only can cover the basics.

Plus something that covers version 4.2 or greater.  I don't want to teach
them old syntax.

If anyone knows for a good beginner book, please let me know, thanks.
Mark.