On Friday 20 June 2003 00:11, Mignon Hunter wrote:

> I am trying to use either of the functions above to execute a compiled c
> program on linux.  The command line works with ./a.out (a.out being the
> filename).  Both my test.php and the exe are in the same directory.
> I've tried combinations of all the following. Thx Mignon

What exactly do you want to do? exec() & passthru() have different uses. Do
you want to capture the output of the program? The exit value? Or what?

When running external programs from PHP I find that it helps to specify the
full path to the program. And you have made sure that you have the right
permissions to execute said program?

/*
Valerie: Aww, Tom, you're going maudlin on me ...
Tom:     I reserve the right to wax maudlin as I wane eloquent ...
                -- Tom Chapin
*/