Guys,

Hope you can help, we are just porting one of our sites from Windows to
Linux and we are coming up with a
few funny problems with classes under Linux. This is code which works
perfectly on the Windows version of
PHP,  we are running version 4.3.2 of PHP on both servers.

This is an example of the code which is causing a problem

 //check to see if the user has specified the file format they wish to
download
 if (isset($variables['system_id']))
 {
  //The file format has been specified setup the current download object and
also
  //run the security check against the database.
  $_SESSION['data_download']->back_office_system->system_id =
$variables['system_id'];

  if (!$_SESSION['data_download']->back_office_system->check_security())
  {
   //The user does not have security rights to access this object
   header('location: data_download_fileformat.php');
   exit();

 else
 {
  //The file format must be specified before they can use this page, check
to see if the user
  //has already specified the file format, this may be the case where the
user has hit
  //the back button from the confirmation page
  if (!$_SESSION['data_download']->back_office_system->check_security())
  {
   //The user does not have security rights to access this object
   header('location: data_download_fileformat.php');
   exit();

This code generate the following problem

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: check_security() in
/home/atomic/public_html/data_download_xref.php on line 20

The function does exist and when under windows does indeed check the
security !

The problem appears to be caused by classes having other classes as
properties, in the above code

$_SESSION['data_download'] is a instantiated class stored in the session

$_SESSION['data_download']->back_office_system is an instantiated class
created when the data download class is constructed....