on 25/06/03 12:19 PM, Ow Mun Heng ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Can someone help explain how I can perform a benchmark on the queries or
> whatever?

Write some code, run it many many times, time it with something like Example
1 on http://au.php.net/microtime, then write alternate code, run it many
times, and compare the results.

One will be faster than the other, and you can now make an informed decision
about which is the smarter way to go.  If the difference is tiny, then you
could ask yourself which method is easier for you to code and maintain...

My bet is sessions will win both problems (performance and coding
simplicity), but learning how to benchmark your scripts is a vital learning
step...

Justin French