From: "Marco Tabini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Jay Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "PHP List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Refreshing

Try using Javascript to reload an image instead of an HTML file. Images
don't click, and you can check whether new data is available by the size
of the returned image (e.g.: 1 pixel, no new data, 2pixels, new data).
You will need a small PHP script on the backend that generates the image
based on whether the data is available or not.

Cheers,

Marco

--
php|architect -- The Magazine for PHP Professionals

--

Marco Tabini
President

Marco Tabini & Associates, Inc.