Well, I'm still a bit concerned about what would happen if the
connection got broken while they are busy...
The session will time-out (by most defaults, after 1440s), so if they
cannot re-connect, and somehow get the same SESSID, then all would be
lost that they have done so far..., and that is the main problem;
The way I have it set-up atm, is that I place all the necessary details
as hidden elements into the form and I then allow them to actually
disconnect their connections ( if they want), and to then re-conncet
before they want to submit, and then try to submit. This works, but, wrt
saving what they have done so far; when the form has submitted
successfully, I re-construct it on the action page, and this gives them
the opportunity to save the page or print it out, all well and good if
the form actually submitted correctly. BUT, when something happens
DURING the submit, then it seems that the app behaves strangely;
sometimes, it will generate the "result" form, but will not actually
insert anything into the db, or it would only insert partial data...
Now on those, I don't think one would ever be able to do something, but
if I could at least find a way to let them save the form contents so
they don't have to start all over again...
The BACK button works sometimes, but some have reported (unconfirmed by
me) that it doesn't always return them to the filled out form before
they submit. One "solution" would be to have them save the form page
BEFORE they submit, BUT, I intentionally do not want them to do that,
because it would have the submit button on it, and I KNOW that some
"clever" bloke is gonna try to gippo the system by not going through the
whole process to generate the correct form (they all look the same , but
the hidden content differs, and are crucial,to the functionality of the
app)
So, it's a catch 22 I guess...